Weather Warning & Alert Service
Want to be warned when the wind goes over 50mph or if there's likely to be ice on the roads on the way to work?
Following a request on our Blog, Hebrides Weather is now offering a Weather Warning & Alert Email service.
The way it works is this:
There are thresholds set by Hebrides Weather and if any of these (listed below) are exceeded then an email is automatically sent to all those who have requested it.
It should be stressed that these warnings & alerts are for actual weather events that have already happened, they are not an advanced warning service!!
The email will look something like this:
******WEATHER WARNING !******
44kts average windspeed was exceeded !
The thresholds are as follows:
* Maximum wind gust above 64 knots (Hurricane Force)
* Mean wind speeds over 44 knots (50 mph)
* More than 25mm (1 inch) of rain in the last hour
* More than 50mm (2 inches) or rain in the last 6 hours
* Temperature falls below 0°C
* Temperature rises above 30°C
* Windchill falls below -15°C
* Barometric pressure rises above 1080 hPa
* Barometric pressure falls below 800 hPa
* Barometric pressure fall more than 10 hPa in 1 hour
There is one further type of alert, the Frost Protection Alert which is issued if the following conditions occur:
* Time of day is between 9pm & 9am (over night)
* Dew point is less than 3°C
* Air temperature is 6°C or less
* Temperature has dropped more than 1°C in the last hour
* Wind speed has been 2 knots or less in the last hour
If you would like to receive these emails then please send your email address using the Contact form and choose "Weather Warnings" in the department to contact menu.
You are free to request that your email address be removed from the list at any time and your email address will not be passed to any third party.